Saturday, September 22, 2012

The iPhone 5 is here!

Many have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the iPhone 5, Apple's newest version of the acclaimed iPhone series. I personally didn't even know when it was coming out, I was looking to switch carriers and just happened to stumble across it in my research. I was a bit hesitant to consider it at first, being that these past few years I've always used Android powered devices (which make no mistake I still love, and think they are great) and never even seriously considered getting an iPhone. However the more I read about it the more I became intrigued by the idea, the iPhone 5's specs on paper surely are something to be noticed, but how well does it deliver?

  
Upon first using the iPhone 5 I did noticed the Retina display was bright and the colors were vibrant, and trying out Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies was quite a visual treat. Maneuvering around the user interface was quick and responsive, and with 4g or WiFi surfing the web and downloading apps was fast if not instant. The ability to import contacts, mail, and calender from my Google and Facebook account made switching from my android phone relatively painless. The "earpod" earbuds that came with it are incredible, easily the best I've ever used. They fit extremely comfortably into your ears and the sound is full and crystal clear. 


The camera is also quite impressive, sporting an 8 megapixel iSight rear camera with panoramic shooting and 1080p video recording. The front FaceTime camera takes 1.2 megapixel photos and records in 720p, allowing you to take full advantage of video chat apps. I've been pretty impressed with the battery life as well, using it regularly all day with a mixture of WiFi and 4g it's so far gone for close to 12 hours before dying. And who could forget Siri - your go-to gal for anything and everything on the iPhone. Siri is fairly accurate with finding you what you're looking for, even if it might take a few tries.


All in all I could say I would recommend the iPhone 5, it's features are very different from what I'm used to, and there are some things that Android powered devices have that I wish the iPhone did. Overall I'm quite happy with it and I know I'll be sticking with it for quite some time. Do you have an iPhone 5 or are thinking about getting one? Head on over to http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html for the full specs on it, and for info on how and where to get one! Thanks for reading and let me know what you think in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. fuck you iphone 5! I sat there and spent ten minutes typing out a whole long paragraph abt how much i liked you all while having to hit stupid individual letter keys bc u have no swype only for it to not post so i take it all back i hate you! siri said she hasnt known me long enough to love me anyways, and she just wants me to pick up whores at buffalo wild wings.

    ReplyDelete